The most important certificate for obtaining a government service is the birth certificate or death. These documents are considered proof of birth and death, not to mention the importance of the date of birth and date of death. If you live in Bihar and need a birth or death certificate, you must register online or offline. The processes are mentioned below so that certificates can easily get. How to apply for birth certificate and deception certificate online and offline in Patna, Gaya, Bhagalpur, Muzaffarpur, Bihar.
How to Apply Birth Certificate Online
In this, we will be discussing how you can apply for a birth certificate online through the portal of the Bihar Government.
- The online application process to apply for a Birth Certificate is quite simple. For registering via the online portal, the first step is to visit the website. To visit the official website of the Bihar Government click here.
You have to register on the website first with your mobile number and personal email ID.
- After you have successfully registered, you need to log in using your ID and Password that you have created.
- You will get the form for the application for the birth certificate.
- Then you need to fill the application of birth certificate with accurate details, it is recommended to double-check for any mistakes that you have made in the form.
- After you have filled in all the information for the birth certificate, you need to pay the necessary fees for the application before submission.
- After you have submitted the application fees you need to submit the application form.
- After the submission, you would be given a reference number which you can note down, and afterward, you need to take a print out.
- Later you can use the reference number to check the status of your death certificate online from the website. Click here.
- The verification of the form will be done by the officials of the Bihar Government and if everything all goes right, you will get the birth certificate soon enough.
- The Municipal Corporation of Bihar is the official authority that will be issuing the birth certificate to you.
- If the birth has happened outside the municipality area, you have to register them in your municipality area first to get the certificate.
Reasons to Obtain Birth Certificate
Registration of the birth of a minor child to an Indian consulate according to Article 4 (1) of the 1955 Citizenship Act 1955. It is mandatory to register the birth in India and law promulgated Called birth registration and the death law, 1969.
Each state has made it mandatory to have a birth certificate and must be recorded within 14 days of birth. A birth certificate is useful in many ways. There are various reasons one should obtain their birth certificate. Some of them are listed below:
- To get admission in educational institutes.
- It helps citizens to avail jobs in the government sector.
- Birth certificates also provide legal identity.
- Birth certificates help to obtain certified government documents such as Voter’s ID, Driving License, Passport, Marriage Certificate, etc.
Fee Structure for Application of Birth Certificate
|Registered within twenty-one days of birth||No fee|
|Registered after twenty-one days of birth||Rs.2|
|Registered after thirty days and within one year of birth||Rs.5|
|Registered after one year of birth||Rs.10|
How to Track Application Status for Birth Certificate
To track your application status of Bihar Birth Certificate. You need to follow the steps listed below:
- Visit the official portal of Bihar. To visit the official municipality portal of the Bihar Government click here.
On the home page, scroll down below and then you can find the “Know your Application Status” in there enter your application ID.
- After you have entered your Application ID you can check your application for the Bihar Birth Certificate.
Documents Required for Registering Birth Certificate in Bihar
If the birth has taken place at a hospital:
- Register Code is needed from that hospital.
- PAN (Permanent Account Number)
- Driving License
- Bank Certificat
- Post Office Pass Book
- Electricity Bill
- NOTE: (Anyone Proof is enough)
- Aadhar cards of parents
- Marriage certificate of parents.
- Name of the parent
- Date of the birth of the child
- Hospital discharge certificate
How to Apply for Birth Certificate Offline
In case you are not comfortable with registering for a birth certificate online, you can also apply for the same offline by following the steps listed below:
- You need to visit the concerned Municipal office near your area or a nearby CSC (Common Service Center). You can locate the nearby CSC through http://www.apnacsconline.in/csc-locator/.
- Obtain the application form and attach the required documents needed that are also listed above.
- Submit the application form to the concerned officer of the relevant department.
- You will get an Acknowledgement slip from the official, which you need to keep safe for the further process.
- After all the verification has been done, you will receive your Bihar Birth Certificate.
Things to Keep in Mind for Registration of Birth Certificate
- Must apply for a birth certificate within 21 days of birth.
- You can directly register at the hospital in case the birth takes place in a hospital.
- In case you stay in a village then you can register for a birth certificate at Anganwadi Center.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Whether a certificate is issued after Birth registration?
After, registering an event, a certificate of respective birth certificate is issued to the candidate under section 12 of the RBD Act.
If Birth occurred outside of India(abroad), is there any provision to register the birth in India?
In the case of birth occurs outside the country, the birth would be registered under the Citizenship Act of 1955 and the rules of citizens. However, under section 20 of the RBD Act, if the parents of the child come back to India, the birth can be recorded within 60 days of the arrival of the date.