K2 Challan, With the advent of the latest technologies, lots of things are getting easier. As a result, many Indian State Governments are taking advantage of this trend. In short, they are developing new strategies to make work more achievable. That way, they can save time and resources, too.
Many government systems have become simplified and organized in recent years. Khajane is the online treasury system. With its help, the Government manages the treasury sector. In this post, you have an insight into the K2 challan generation. And, other features of this beautiful initiative by the Government.
What is Khajane II?
To erase variation and reduce work time, the Government of Karnataka came up with an effective solution in the form of Khajane 2. In this way, they can ease out all kinds of accounting decisions. The system helps the government to get accurate accounts of different kinds of transactions. Also, the system helps to promote the work in a disciplined manner.
Finally, the government can avoid all kinds of data duplication and corrupt data. Therefore, the system helps the government to maintain clean data. In short, this innovative system creates a robust accounting record so that the Government can work on them effectively. The online portal has other intuitive features that citizens can take advantage of.
Khajane II or K2 keeps track of all kinds of transactions and maintains the record in a secured way. Around 216 treasuries connect to the main server with this initiative. The automation system tries to achieve complete transparency over the transactions.
Features of Namma Khajane II
The CMS designed and developed Khajane 2. CMS is a TATA-undertaking company. It is software that meets the need to manage a big workload. The treasury department manages the accounts of the government. Also, they include different types of payments conducted through the Govt. of Karnataka.
Functions of the Khajane 2
- Strong room and Stamps
- House maintenance
- Social security pensions
K2 challan generation process
Khajane 2 makes the remittance procedure of the government easy. The Government makes a strong system for this functionality. This system facilitates any time anywhere payment. Namma Khajane 2 provides an opportunity to several departments within the Karnataka Govt. to ease in making remittances faster. This is how you can generate a challan on the online portal.
- Open the official online portal of Khajane 2 by clicking here.
- A page opens and looks like the image provided below.
3. Scroll down the page a bit. There you can see the option ‘Generate Challan’ under the ‘Services’ tab.
- Click on ‘Generate Challan’ to proceed further with K2 challan generation.
- A new page comes in front of you. Here, you need to fill the details with the right information.
- The date of challan fills on its own.
- On the Remitter Details tab, fill in the boxes with your name, physical address, email address, and contact number.
- Next comes the Department Details tab.
- Choose the right category, district, and DDO Office from the drop-down option provide by their side.
- Fill in the DDO Code, and move to the next section.
- Choose the Purpose from the options provided. Enter the details of Specific Purpose Id, amount, and Head of Account.
- Next, click on the Add button.
- Here, the remitter has to choose from the available mode of payment and remittance bank.
- Now, you can click on the submit option.
- If all the details are good, another page opens up. It looks something like this.
- This is the final step of the K2 challan generation. Ensure the data is correct. If you find anything incorrect, you can press the ‘Go Back’ option.
- If everything appears fine, enter the captcha code and press the ‘Confirm’ option.
- The reference number for the challan is generated. This brings the end of the k2 challan generation procedure.
How to search for K2 challan you have generated
After a successful application, the online portal generates the K2 challan for you. Also, the portal provides you with a challan reference number. This number is very important. So, keep it safe. Now that you have got that, you want to know about the status. The process is very easy. Just follow the necessary steps as mentioned below.
- Open the website of Khajane-II by clicking here.
- Scroll down to find the Services tab.
- You can find the option ‘Search Challan’. Click on it.
- Another page opens up. It looks something like this.
- Enter the reference number for the challan you generated earlier.
- Type the captcha code and click the ‘Search’ option.
- You get what you need.
How to verify the payment status of the K2 challan
Sometimes the K2 challan may encounter issues because of the pending payment status. On such an occasion, you have to double verify the process. The system gives this kind of warning when the payment is pending with the agencies associated with the transaction.
When you double verify, the pending payments are cleared. In many cases, the receive status from banks is not received. The bank server might get down while the transaction took place. Select the ‘Verify Challan Payment Status’ from the Services tab on the homepage of the official website of Khajane-II. Enter the challan reference number and captcha code. Press Submit and get the information.
What are the different payment modes in the K2 challan generation process?
Khajane-II is a simplified remittance process issued in the interests of people by the Karnataka Govt. The remittance mechanism helps people with facilities like anywhere anytime payment of the same. Here are the different payment modes through which consumers can make the payment.
- Internet banking
- Credit or Debit Card
- UPI or BHIM
- Over the Counter
- Payment via Citizen Facilitation Centers
- Payment at departmental offices and counters